We go beyond the flashlight and screwdriver!
Shipshape Inspections continues to invest in the skills for our Inspectors. One example is Building Thermography.
Our Inspectors are Infrared Certified - this means:
- We deploy a thermal imaging camera to allow us to view the wavelengths of light that have a lower frequency than normal, visual light
- This type of instrument allows us to measure the temperature difference between surfaces
- This inspection technique is a combination of the right instruments PLUS accurate interpretation of the environment (specific heat, density, and thermal conductivity)
What Thermal Imaging does not do:
- Thermal imaging only displays surface temperatures of solid objects
- Does not show the temperature of objects that reflect light
- Does not see through walls - it only displays the very slight difference in surface temperature of a wall
Here's the bottom line!
By selecting Shipshape Inspections for your important job, we will combine the use of thermal imaging to identify areas that need further investigation. That is something that many home inspectors DO NOT offer. This leads to further investigation with other devices such as a moisture meter, multimeter, or other means to confirm any opportunities that you deserve to know about.
Ultimately, we will do our very best to ensure your Home is Shipshape!